Frequently Asked Questions


Travel Insurance


If you are leaving the country, you should have a passport. Even when a passport is not required, it’s still best to have one. Be prepared for the unexpected.

Passports should be valid for at least 6 months before travel. 

Processing times will vary, but 6-9 weeks is typical. Expedited passports take around 3-5 weeks. Emergency passports are hard to get, but you can try by going to a regional passport agency. Always check for the most recent information at

Travel insurance is up to you, but in most cases, it’s a good idea. If you are traveling and your trip has non-refundable components, you could lose out on that money if you have to cancel.

That will depend on the policy. Commonly covered items include trip cancellation, trip delay and lost luggage. Some polices will cover medical expenses and cancel for any reason coverage. Travel advisors are not insurance agents. We can suggest companies that are considered reliable, but it’s up to you to read through and understand the policy.

Credit card policies often do not have the coverage that you may think they do. Some will offer medical referals, but will not cover any medical costs. They may have strict limits and limited coverage. Always check with the credit card company and compare it to a  recommended 3rd party provider to make sure it will cover what you need.

Unfortunately, no. The claim must be filed by the policy owner.

Yes! It is important that you know how much you are willing to spend before you begin planning. There are many things to consider such as accommodations, transportation, insurance, activities and more. My job is to help you plan, but we can’t do that effectively if we don’t have a starting point.

Absolutely not. That is a violation of my ethical standards. My job is to help you find what works for you. You make the final decisions. Sometimes people look at the cost without considering the benefits. Knowing what you want and how much you can afford will help me find the right trip for you.